The Alumni Medical Library recently purchased 26 additional electronic textbooks as part of the Thieme ElectronicBook Library collection.
The most current edition of each textbook is available including all illustrations, pictures, and graphics that are produced in the print version. Additional titles will be added in the future as the publisher makes them available.
The Thieme ElectronicBook Library includes:
- Color Atlas of Human Anatomy, Volume 3
- Pocket Atlas of Human Anatomy
- Color Atlas of Biochemistry
- The Human Body
- Normal Findings in CT and MRI
- Color Atlas of Cytology
- A Pocket Guide to the Ear
- Color Atlas of ENT Diagnosis
- Color Atlas of Genetics
- Color Atlas of Hematology
- Color Atlas of Immunology
- Medical Microbiology
- MRI Parameters and Positioning
- Clinical Tests for the Musculoskeletal System
- Color Atlas of Neurology
- Differential Diagnosis in Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Color Atlas of Neuroscience
- Color Atlas of Pathology
- Color Atlas of Pathophysiology
- Color Atlas of Pharmacology
- Color Atlas of Physiology
- Pocket Atlas of Radiographic Anatomy
- Pocket Atlas of Sectional Anatomy, Volume 2
- Color Atlas of Ultrasound Anatomy
The Thieme ElectronicLibrary may be accessed from on-campus computers, and from off-campus computers that are connected to the BU computer network. The titles are linked from the Library's e-textbooks site at http://medlib.bu.edu/ebooks/. If you have questions about electronic textbooks, please contact the BUMC Alumni Medical Library Reference desk at email@example.com.
OVID is releasing its new Web Gateway interface on Tuesday, July 5th. The interface will include the following new search features:
- Find Similar Citations
- Find Citation
- Find Citing Articles
BUMC Medline Plus/OVID provides access to the MEDLINE, CINAHL, and Evidence Based Medicine Reviews databases, with fulltext links to over 2,400 journals. Each database provides full searching capabilities using the OVID, Inc. search interface.
If you need assistance with the transition to the new interface contact a reference librarian at (617) 638-4228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.