We are pleased to announce that the Boston University Medical Center Alumni Medical Library and the Boston University Mugar Memorial Library have jointly purchased access to the Blackwell Science, Technology and Medicine (STM) electronic journal collection. The collection will be available to all Boston University, Boston University Medical Center, and Boston Medical Center faculty, staff, residents, and students. The Blackwell STM collection contains approximately 350 electronic journal titles and will significantly increase the libraries' online offerings in the areas of medicine, the basic sciences, public health, and dental medicine. Access to these journals will be available through BUMC MEDLINE Plus/Ovid and PubMed, as well as, through the Medical Library's website E-Resources Collection. A list of Blackwell STM eletronic journal titles can be viewed at http://medlib.bu.edu/ejournals/blackwell_alpha.php. If you have questions about the Blackwell STM collection, please contact the BUMC Alumni Medical Library Reference desk at email@example.com.
We are pleased to announce that BUMC, BMC, and BU faculty, students, residents and staff now have access to the American Physiological Society (APS) Legacy Content electronic journal archive collection. APS Legacy Content contains the fulltext of articles from all APS journals from 1898 to 1998, depending on the journal (see titles listed below). A complete list is located on the APS site at: http://www.the-aps.org/publications/legacy/
- Advances in Physiology Education June 1989 - November 1997
- American Journal of Physiology (AJP) January 1898 - December 1976
- AJP - Cell Physiology January 1977 - September 1997
- AJP - Endocrinology and Metabolism January 1977 - September 1997
- AJP - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology January 1980 - September 1997
- AJP - Heart and Circulatory Physiology January 1977 - September 1997
- AJP - Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology August 1989 - September 1997
- AJP - Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology January 1977 - September 1997
- AJP - Renal Physiology January 1977 - September 1997
- Journal of Applied Physiology July 1948 - September 1996
- Journal of Neurophysiology January 1938 - December 1996
- Physiological Reviews January 1921 - December 1997
- Physiology January 1986 - January 1998
Access to these journals will be available through BUMC MEDLINE Plus/Ovid and PubMed, as well as through the Medical Library's website E-Resources Collection. If you have questions about the APS collection, please contact the BUMC Alumni Medical Library Reference desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alumni Medical Library recently purchased additional electronic texts as part of the McGraw-Hill AccessMedicine collection.
AccessMedicine titles include: Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Hurst's The Heart, The Metabolic and Molecular Bases of Inherited Disease, Goodman & Gilman's: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, and the AccessLange Clinical Reference Series (10 titles). The Clinical Reference Series complements the AccessLange Basic Sciences Series (purchased in 2003).
AccessMedicine provides the most comprehensive texts in cardiology, orthopedics, obstetrics, endocrinology, psychiatry, urology, epidemiology, and other fundamentals, as well as in patient care. The most current edition of each textbook is available, and each text includes all illustrations, pictures, and graphics that are produced in the print textbooks.
The AccessLange collection includes twenty popular texts:
- Katzung: Basic & Clinical Pharmacology
- Junqueira: Basic Histology
- Chandrasoma, Taylor: Concise Pathology
- Waxman: Correlative Neuroanatomy
- Murray: Harper's Biochemistry
- Wilson: Histology Image Review
- Brooks: Jawetz, Melnick, & Adelberg's Medical Microbiology
- McPhee: Pathophysiology
- Ganong: Review of Medical Physiology
- Greenberg: Medical Epidemiology
- Greenspan, Gardner: Basic & Clinical Endocrinology
- Gomella: Clinician's Pocket Reference
- Crawford: Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Cardiology
- Skinner: Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics
- Ebert, Loosen, Nurcombe: Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Psychiatry
- DeCherney, Nathan: Current Obstetric & Gynecologic Diagnosis & Treatment
- Hay, Hayward, Levin, Sondheimer: Current Pediatric Diagnosis & Treatment
- Vaughan: General Ophthalmology
- Way, Doherty: Current Surgical Diagnosis & Treatment
- Tanagho, McAninch: Smith's General Urology
AccessMedicine may be accessed from on-campus computers, and from off-campus computers that are connected to the BU computer network. The collection is linked from the Library's e-textbooks site at http://medlib.bu.edu/ebooks/. If you have questions about electronic textbooks, please contact the BUMC Alumni Medical Library Reference desk at email@example.com.