Community Faculty: Library Resources and Services
- Obtaining your University ID Number (UID Number)
- Obtaining your Terrier Card (UID Card)
- Opening a Boston University Account
- Accessing Resources on the BU Network
Before obtaining access to campus-wide resources and services, Community Faculty must apply for a UID Number and UID Card.
Community Faculty who carry UID Cards are eligible for access to a variety of campus-wide resources and services including access to Boston University libraries, Medical Campus and Charles River campus facilities, discounts at certain athletic and cultural events, and entrance to the Boston University Faculty Club at 775 Commonwealth Avenue. Community faculty with a UID Card also receive discounts at the BU Barnes & Noble bookstore, including a 20% discount on hardcover books (40% off on hardcover bestsellers), and a 10% discount on professional reference books and paperbacks (30% off on paperback bestsellers).
After you have obtained your UID Number, you are immediately eligible to receive a UID Card, or "Terrier" Card. UID Cards are available at the Boston University Medical Campus, room C-212, Monday - Friday, between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm.
In order to use BU resources from home or office computers, you must first establish a BU account (BU Username and Kerberos password):
- Complete the BU account application on the Web at http://www.bu.edu/computing/accounts/proxy-med.
- After completing the online application, contact Jason Yee ((617) 638-4279 or email@example.com), Bernardo Iglesias ((617) 638-5433 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Selim Hascelik ((617) 638-6696 or email@example.com), to finalize the account and receive proxy server or VPN client set-up instructions.
- For more information about BU accounts, contact Jason Yee at (617) 638-4279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Librarians are available to answer questions about specific information resources, perform literature searches, provide training in the use of MEDLINE, the Internet, and other resources, and help with accessing materials through interlibrary loan or other channels. Feel free to contact the reference desk or any of the reference staff listed below for assistance:Reference and Education Services
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
E-mail your questions to email@example.com
Joseph Harzbecker, MSLS, MA, AHIP
David Flynn, MS (LIS)
A'Llyn Ettien, MLIS
Konstantin Starikov, MLIS, MPhil, MA
Young-Joo Lee, MS (LIS)
Amanda McNeil, MLIS
Laura Spiller, MS (LIS)