L-1112 Study Room Guidelines
Boston University Medical Library has adopted the following guidelines for use in L-1112. These guidelines are posted so that Medical Campus students may actively manage their study room spaces.
- Use of study room L-1112 is available to Boston University Medical Campus students who are current Terrier Card holders.
- Please respect the schedule for room use posted by the Learning Resources Center. Questions may be directed to 617-638-5433 or 617-638-4244. Meetings and classes may be added to the schedule up to the time of the event, and students utilizing the room for study purposes must yield to a scheduled meeting or class.
- Windows to study rooms must be uncovered so others can see if the room is in use.
- Doors to study rooms must be left unlocked at all times while the room is in use.
- One person in a study room must share the study room with other arriving students and study groups. (A group is defined as two or more students).
- L-1112 Audio Visual equipment should be used for group study only unless otherwise approved by LRC/Library Staff.
- The room should not be left unattended for more than 30 minutes. Any items, including books, personal effects, and the like, which remain in the room after 30 minutes of disuse may be stacked neatly to one side by the next person to use the room. The risk of damage to or loss of unattended items is assumed by the owner.
- Food may not be taken into L-1112. Liquids are allowed providing containers comply with posted guidelines. Trash must be placed into the trash receptacles in the room.
- Library Administration may restrict the use of L-1112 or request that students vacate the room so that it may be utilized for scheduled classes, meetings or emergencies.
In the event of an emergency, please call Public Safety at 4-4444 from the nearest house telephone, or if using a cell phone, dial 617-414-4444. Also notify LRC/Library Staff.
For environmental needs (e.g., the room is too hot or too cold), contact LRC/Library Staff to call Control at 617-638-4144.