Removing Proxy Settings from your Browser
- Choose Tools from the browser menu and select Options.
- Click on the Connections tab.
- Next, you need to know whether you access the Internet from a LAN (Local Area Network) or Dial Up connection.
- If you use a LAN connection (for example, a cable modem, DSL, ethernet, or a T-1), then click the LAN Settings button.
- If you use a Dial Up connection (a modem), select your connection in the Dial-up settings list and click the Settings button.
- Choose Tools from the browser menu and select Options (or, in OS X, Firefox ->Preferences).
- Select the Advanced category and then click on the Network tab. Then, click on the Settings button (or, in OS X, General ->Connection Settings).
- Select the "Direct connection to the Internet" box and make sure that the "Automatic proxy configuration URL" option is deselected.
- Click the Reload button and then click on OK. Your browser should now be re-configured.
If you have additional questions about removing the proxy settings from your browser, please contact the Reference Desk at refquest.bu.edu or 617-638-4228.