L-11 Testing Center
Total Number of Seats: 220
East Newton Street Side: 90 seats
East Concord Street Side: 130 seats
Each table is equipped with 2 AC Power outlets.
Wired Network Connections are located on the wall of East Newton Street Side of the L-11 Testing Center.
- 2 iPads for proctor use
- 1 telephone
- 1 PC and monitor for the monitoring system
- Controls for the audio announcements system
- Portable clip-on microphones for the announcement system
- Card access
L-1109 will be the base of operation for the Medical Library Computing & Systems staff.
It will also function as a public computing lab when the L-11 Testing Center is not scheduled for exams.
It will feature:
- 18 public access PCs
- 2 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) stations
- 1 print release station
The members of the Medical Library Computing & Systems staff:
- Library Computing Help Desk, 617-638-5433
- Selim Hascelik, Assistant Director of Library Computing & Systems, 617-638-6696
- Bernardo Iglesias, Library Assistant, 617-638-5433
- Jason Yee, Head of Library Computing Services, 617-638-4279
- Victor Gvirtsman Systems Administrator, 617-638-4234
L-1109B - Accommodation Room
L-1109B will function primarily as an accommodations room for students who may need extra time during an exam.
It will also be available as a fixed computer classroom when there are no exams scheduled.
- 18 PCs
- 1 PC teacher station.
- 1 Print Release station
L-1110 - Classroom & Public Access Computing Lab
L-1110 will function primarily as a fixed computer classroom.
It will also be available as a public computing lab when the L-11 Testing Center is not scheduled for exams.
- 26 PCs
- 5 computers in the middle row with Visio installed
- 1 PC teacher station
L-1102 - Vending / Coffee Lounge
L-1102 will function primarily as a lounge with public computing available when the L-11 Testing Center is not scheduled for exams.
- 2 PCs
- 1 scanner station
- 1 print release station
The Medical Library Computing & Systems Staff will provide:
- Technical support for laptops during Histology (Biolucida), NBME Clerkship, and other exams.
- Laptop loaners for ALL exams (including ExamSoft) for students experiencing computer related issues that may arise during the exam.
- Ethernet patch cables for students experiencing wireless connectivity issues on their laptops.
The Educational Media Staff will provide:
- Support for ALL ExamSoft based exams.
- Training and support for the monitoring and audio systems.
Reserving the L-11 Testing Center
To reserve the L-11 Testing Center and L-1109B Accommodations room, please e-mail the Educational Media Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserving a Library Fixed Computer Classroom
To reserve a fixed computer classroom (L-1105, L-1110, R-107), please e-mail the Medical Library Computing Services at email@example.com
To reserve L-1109B as a fixed computer classroom, please e-mail the Education Media Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation
- L-11 Testing Center
- Monday - Thursday: 6:00 am - 11:45 pm
- Friday: 6:00 am - 9:45 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 9:45 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am - 11:45 pm
- Available as study space when exams are not in session
- L-11 Emergency Stairwell Doors (E. Newton and E. Concord St.)
- Stairwell Unlocked Monday - Friday: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm ONLY
- Emergency Exit all other times
- Elevator Access to L-11
- Available during normal L-11 Testing Center hours of operation.
- Students must leave the L-11 Testing Center 15 minutes prior to scheduled closing.
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 9:00 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Available as a public computer lab when exams are not in session
- Monday - Thursday: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Friday: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
- For all other hours, card reader access will be required for Medical Campus students, faculty, and staff.