Connecting to the BU Campus Network
Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) students, faculty, staff, residents, and other users who have a BU login name and Kerberos password can access licensed online resources from home or other off-campus locations through an authentication service called EZproxy. These resources include electronic journals, textbooks, electronic indexes, and other Web-based tools. Users no longer need the VPN or Proxy Server to access our resources.
- If you need a BU login name and Kerberos password, send an email to email@example.com from a valid BMC email account. This email must include your first name, last name, email address, and department or school. If you have a BU ID, please include the UID number as well.
- For more information on EZproxy, please visit the BU Information Services & Technology EZproxy page.
- If you are having trouble connecting to our electronic resources, please visit the BU IS&T EZproxy Frequently Asked Questions Page or contact the Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 638-4228, Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
- If you previously configured your web browser with the Proxy Server, click here for information on how to remove those settings.
Wireless Internet connections are available in the Alumni Medical Library and throughout the campus on the 802.1x Network. Connecting to the BUMC Wireless Network (802.1x) requires a BU login name and Kerberos password or PPP account. To set up a BU login name and Kerberos password for BMC users, visit the Librarys BMC Computing Accounts page.
If your BU account was created prior to April 2008, the BUMC Wireless Network requires a one-time authentication of your BU account at https://www.bu.edu/computing/accounts/ad/kpw (you should be automatically redirected to this page through your browser the first time you log into the Wireless Network).
Instructions for configuring your computer to use the 802.1x Wireless System are below:
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (Including Windows Mobile)
- Mac OS X
- Apple iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
For more information on configuring your Wireless access, visit the IS&T Wireless page.
BUMC Shared Drives and internal websites require authentication for off-campus use. The Virtual Private Network (VPN) Client is available for this purpose.
For more information or to download VPN Client to your desktop, visit the BUMC Office of Information Technology's VPN page.
the IT Help Center at (617) 353-HELP (353-4357), or go to http://www.bu.edu/tech/.